Thursday, July 17, 2008

Open highways beckon...

True to form, I'm staying up through the night in anticipation of the multi-leg road trip I'll be making over the next week or so.

I'm currently staving off hunger so I can pack, clean, and do laundry, and fighting the urge to drive down to the all-night diner with the sheer resolve of my laziness. It may not work much longer.

In a few short hours, I'll be on the road again - this time, en route to Amherst, NY for a conclave of undergraduate heathens. Literally: It's a conference of atheists.

It will also be my first time being in the Buffalo area during reasonable business hours (I crossed it around 4am en-route home from Boston in February), and I plan to eat every single wing place out of business. Let's see if they live up to their reputation.

I'll be leaving Amherst Sunday night, sleeping over in Pittsburgh, and arriving in Washington, DC Monday morning. Sophie's got an internship with Congress there, and the chance to finally see Washington AND Sophie in one trip was just too much to pass up. I found a convenient apartment for short-term sublet over craigslist, so I'll be staying there until I leave on Thursday. It's got a steam shower. A grown man should never feel as excited by bathroom fixtures as I am at the thought of having sex in a steam shower.

The only low point: I've got to Greyhound it back to Ottawa on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment